Tempered glass is a type of heat toughened glass. The impact applied to the glass will be overcome by compressional stress developed through the process on the surfaces.
- 5 Times harder than ordinary float glass.
- A type of safety glass: Once breakage occurs, the glass disintegrates into small cubical fragments, greatly reducing the harm that it can impact onto human body.
- It withstands abrupt temperature change to 220C.
- Sizes are produced per customer request, once tempered, cannot be cut down.
- The appearance, thickness deviation and transmittance are almost identical with ordinary annealed glass.