When multiple glass panes or “lites” are assembled into units, they are commonly referred to as insulated glass, double glazing, Double Glazed Units (UK and Europe) or Insulating Glass Units (IGU)(North America and Australia).
It is made up of 2 or more pieces of glasses with hollow aluminum tube inserted inside; the aluminum pipes then are filled with desiccant and drying gases, or inert gases and the tubes are underground air-proof processed with butyl, assembly-sulphur or structural silicon.
- Good heat insulation performance to keep the room comfortable.
- Reduce the bad phenomenon resulted from the temperature difference between the inside and outside.
- Able to insert decoration item for decoration use.
- Low energy consumption – especially when Low-E and Solar-E glasses are used for insulating.
- Prevent dew condensation and noise insulation.
- The heat and sound insulating effects could be further improved if argon or other inert gases are filled between the glasses.
- Offices, hospitals, hotels, private house, or buildings that needs to temperature and humidity in control